Sunday, August 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, Hubby!

August 19th is a very significant day in the Saffeels' house.  Today is my hubby's birthday.  Timothy James Saffeels was born 27 years ago today and boy am I thankful!

Let me just say that I absolutely love and adore this man.  A lot.

It was 8 years ago that we met at Corban University {then Western Baptist College}.  I definitely noticed this new guy on campus right away.  I mean he was tall, funny, super duper handsome, loved the Lord, had an amazing tenor voice, could play drums, piano, trumpet, beatbox...Wow!  What more could a girl ask for?

Here's a peek at those early days...




I love looking back on the years and seeing the ways God grew us through our relationship.  He took us through so many stages: friendship, waiting, dating, more waiting, friendship, more dating, engaged, and finally...MARRIED

Throughout all the stages of our relationship, one thing always remained the same...Tim has always been a strong man of God.  I was always so impressed and drawn to his passionate and outspoken love for the Lord and for God's word.  No matter what setting I saw him in, Tim always had his Bible in hand and was ready to share about the Lord.  

 If that isn't attractive to a girl, I don't know what is.

Timothy James-

 I am so thankful that you were born 27 years ago and that the Lord saw fit to bless me 8 years ago when He brought you into my life.  Saying yes to you on May 1st, 2010 was the best decision I made besides accepting Christ.  Thank you for being a man of character and honor.  Thank you for loving the Lord more than you love me.  Thank you for encouraging me and pushing me to look more like Christ.  Thank you for serving the Lord with your whole heart.  Thank you for loving people so selflessly.  Thank you for being the most patient, caring, and loving man I know.  I am so excited to serve and grow alongside you, babes!  You are going to be the most amazing and fun Dad to our little guy and I can't wait to meet him with you in a few months.  

You make me smile.











Thanks for completing me...you truly are my better half!



PS- I REALLY hope our little buddy looks something like this...



Seriously...SO SO cute.

Happy Birthday, Babe!

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice birthday post! Love you both(well, all three)!!!

    ReplyDelete